Driver/Messenger x2 posts at the Department of Home Affairs
DEADLINE: 02 June 2023
POST: DRIVER/MESSENGER, (2 POSITIONS)
SALARY LEVEL: A basic salary of R171 537 to R199 461 per annum (Level 4).
- CENTRE: Head Office, Pretoria, Branch: Civic Services, Chief Directorate: ID Back Office Processing, Directorate: Application Processing (New Corporation Building) (1 Post)- REF NO: HRMC 28/23/17a
- CENTRE: Head Office, Pretoria, Branch: Finance and Supply Chain Management, Chief Directorate: Supply Chain Management, Directorate: Asset and Fleet Management (1 Post)- REF NO: HRMC 28/23/17b
REQUIREMENTS: • An NQF Level 5 qualification as recognised by SAQA, and / or DHA Qualification: Home Affairs Services (NQF level 5) • Basic understanding of all departmental legislation and prescripts • Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a driving / messenger environment • A valid driver’s license (Code C1) and PDP is required • Knowledge of relevant legislations • Minimum Information Security Standards (MISS) Act • Competencies and skills required: Proven client focus and orientation • Sound interpersonal skills • Driving skills • Customer focus • Extensive traveling and extended working hours may be required.
DUTIES: The successful candidate will be responsible for, amongst others, the following specific tasks: • Collect, transport and deliver documents • Drive departmental officials, internal and external clients and official visitors as may be requested • Handle routine and ad-hoc administrative tasks relevant to the execution of the function; ie collect office consumables • Render a general support function in the office • Assist the office with logistical arrangements • Assist with document reproduction and facsimile services • Maintain knowledge on the policies and procedures that applies in the work environment.
ENQUIRIES: Ms M Makokga Tel No: (012) 402 2231 – Head Office, Pretoria, Branch: Civic Services, Chief Directorate: ID Back Office Processing, Directorate: Application Processing (New Corporation Building).
Mr M Chabalala, Tel No: 406 4008 – Head Office, Pretoria, Branch: Finance and Supply Chain Management, Chief Directorate: Supply Chain Management, Directorate: Asset and Fleet Management.
Where to submit your applications
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your comprehensive CV, citing the start and end date (dd/mm/yr) of each employment period to be considered, together with an Application for Employment Form (New Z.83), obtainable from any Public Service department or at www.gov.za, by the closing date to:
Department of Home Affairs, Head Office:
Postal Address: Private Bag X114, Pretoria, 0001
Physical Address: 230 Johannes Ramokhoase (Proes) street, Cnr Thabo Sehume (Andries) street, Pretoria, 0001
Applications must be –
- sent to the correct address specified at the bottom of the Circular, on or before the closing date;
- submitted on the new Application for Employment Form (Z.83), obtainable at www.gov.za;
- accompanied by a comprehensive CV, citing the start and end date (dd/mm/yr) of each employment period to be considered, including the details of at least two contactable employment references (as recent as possible);
- shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview. Applicants who possess (a) foreign qualification(s), must also submit the evaluated results of such qualifications, as received from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA); and
- In the filling of entry level positions, preference may be given to unemployed youth / graduates, and / or who have successfully completed their respective skills development programmes, who satisfy the inherent requirements of the post and reside within close proximity to the office where the post is based.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be subjected to an interview;
- Candidates potentially considered suitable after the interview, will be subjected to employment suitability checks (credit, criminal, citizenship, employment references and qualification verifications).