Application Deadline: 21 September 2020
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Type of Job: Fixed Contract
This Generic Vacancy Announcement is an interagency UN system initiative to populate GS2 Driver Talent Group/Rosters. Talent Groups are exclusive lists of pre-vetted, highly qualified candidates intended to fast-track recruitment processes as positions become available. After a rigorous selection process, successful candidates assessed will be placed in the GS2 Driver Talent Group/Roster in various UN agencies in Nigeria for a period of 36 months. While placement in the Talent Group does not guarantee a position, it is an important resource for filling vacancies. Candidates placed into the Talent Group will be reviewed when a relevant position becomes available and if found suitable, are offered placements through a direct selection process.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For every child, Protection
Under the supervision of the Chief of Operations or Operations/Administrative Manager/Assistant, the Driver, at the G-2 level, provides reliable and safe driving services, ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations.
The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
How can you make a difference?
Summary of key functions/accountability:
- Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials
Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials, visitors and delivery, and collection of mail, documents and other items.
Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport and may include assisting with basic visa and customs formalities arrangements when required.
- Maintenance of assigned vehicle
Ensures vehicle is always kept in good running condition through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels and car washing.
- Documentation of vehicle related information.
Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A secondary education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
- A minimum of two years of work experience as a driver with a safe driving record is required.
- Experience working in an international organization, embassy or UN system, is an asset.
- Knowledge and skills in minor vehicle repair is an asset.
- Fluency in any of the local languages of the duty station and proficiency in English is required.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability.
- Communication (I)
- Working with people (I)
- Drive for Results (I)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Analyzing (1)
- Learning and Researching (1)
- Planning and Organizing (1)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (1)
The UN is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
The UN has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. The UN also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.unicef.org/mob/cw/en-us/job/532847
IF YOU WANT MORE UPDATES, JOIN OUR MAILING LIST SIMPLY BY SENDING US AN EMAIL WITH A MESSAGE “ADD ME” ON THE FOLLOWING email@example.com