Apply for the Global Youth Climate Action Fund (GYCAF)- Financing Youth-led Climate Action
DEADLINE: February 11, 2022
What Is Youth Led Climate Action?
Youth led climate action is any initiative, activity, project or program that is being coordinated or led by a young individual, a youth organization, community based organization, business venture that is geared towards climate adaptation, mitigation as a primary focus of the organization or entity (where the purpose of founding this organization was to solemnly combat climate change) or as a secondary focus (where the purpose of founding this organization was to commit to reducing their carbon foot print).
The Global Youth Climate Action Fund, an initiative of BLI Global, is launching its first cycle of the microgrants to support youth-led climate action projects around the world. After months of preparation, we are pleased to open the call for applications to youth organizations and young people up to the age of 30 years of age to receive funding.
For this round, we are seeking projects that fall under six (6) categories:
- Sustainable Agriculture: Smart agriculture to ensure food sustainability
- Clean Energy: Powering communities in need of light and energy
- Oceans: Protecting marine life and mitigating climate catastrophes
- Capacity Building: Empowering youth with entrepreneurship skills
- Green Stewardship: Protecting biodiversity and influencing behavioral change
- Technology and Innovation: Breakthroughs that solve climate-related problems
Grant Size: Funding will range from USD 500 – USD 1000
Applications close on February 11, 2022 (12:00 am EDT) and successful applicants will be contacted beginning March 7th, 2022.