Deadline Undergraduate: 30 September 2020|
Deadline Graduate: 28 February 2021|
About Scholarship: The Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) is offered to international students who want to pursue Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees in Korean Universities. The scholarship is aimed to provide international students with an opportunity to conduct advanced studies at higher educational institutions in Korea, to develop global leaders and strengthen Korea-friendly networks worldwide.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Korean Government Scholarship:
- Candidates and their parents must hold non-Korean citizenship.
- KGSP-G: under 40
- KGSP-U: under 25
- KGSP-G: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- KGSP-U: High school diploma
- The cumulative grade point average (CGPA) must be 80% or higher; or
- The CGPA must be 2.64/ 4.0, 2.80/ 4.3, 2.91/ 4.5, or 3.23/ 5.0 or higher.
Number of Scholarships
- KGSP Undergraduate: around 170 grantees will be awarded annually
- KGSP Graduate: around 700 grantees will be awarded annually
Scholarship Benefits: Flight | Tuition | Stipend | Medical Insurance | Settlement Allowance | Completion Grants
1st Selection: Applicants submit their applications either to the Korean Embassies around the world or to the partnering universities in Korea. The embassies and universities select the successful candidates among the applicants in the 1st round of selection. The applicants of the successful candidates will then be forwarded to NIIED
2nd Selection: The NIIED selection committee selects the successful candidates among those who passed the 1st round.
3rd Selection: Among the successful candidates who have passed the 2nd round, the applications of those who applied through the Korean Embassies will be reviewed by universities for admission. Successful candidates must get admission from at least one of the universities.
- 1 year Korean language course +2 year Associate degree
- 1 year Korean language course + 4 year Bachelors degree
- 1 year Korean language course+ 2 years of Master’s degree
- 1 year Korean language course + 3 years of Doctoral degree
Application Deadline: Applicants submit their applications either to the Korean Embassies around the world or to the partnering universities in Korea.
Applications (Embassy, University) are expected from:
- Undergraduate: 1st September 2020 to October 2020
- Graduate: 1st February 2021 to March 2021
To be taken at: Korean Universities.
How to Apply: Applicants can only apply for the Korean Government Scholarship through the Korean Embassy in their home country or a participating Korean University.
Visit this official page: Scholarship Webpage
IF YOU WANT MORE UPDATES, JOIN OUR MAILING LIST SIMPLY BY SENDING US AN EMAIL WITH A MESSAGE “ADD ME” ON THE FOLLOWING firstname.lastname@example.org OR YOU CAN SIMPLY DROP YOUR EMAIL IN THE COMMENT SECTION BELOW. THANK YOU!