Apply for Process Engineer Grade II x5 position at SASOL South Africa
DEADLINE: 23 November 2022
Purpose of Job
A process engineer grade II will utilise authoritative levels of experience in process engineering to manage and / or execute the design, engineering, development and modification of processes in accordance with sound established engineering principles and standards to satisfy business requirements. Will apply a broad base of process engineering generalist knowledge and competence and a fundamental understanding with regards to process equipment (e.g., Design and safe operation thereof).
- Design and execute the commissioning and start-up experience of process plants
- Apply detailed knowledge in technology area
- Formulate and execute the process engineering scope for small to medium multidisciplinary projects
- Apply lessons learned and ensure timely input/feedback to identified specifications and procedures
- Provide information to support the sharing of knowledge with regards to engineering and technical field of expertise to share with disciplines and/or technology management
- Select and implement up to date tools and standards
- Ensure application of appropriate workflows
- Provide input into Technical execution strategies including licensing, in-house technology development and appropriate use of engineering contractors (ECs).
- Identify key technical risks leading to effective technology selection and support the successful execution thereof
- Contribute to the development and management of the engineering execution plan with respect to process engineering
- Ensure application of engineering execution plans, implementing and driving all process engineering activities and deliverables to closure
- Provide predictable schedules describing all process activities
- Provide efficient and high-quality services to the service requestor to match agreed requirements
- Ensure functional delivery and contributions
- Hold and Review plan and Engineering Track Quality Plan (ETQP) executed and tracked continuously
- Ensure all critical process documents are reviewed and signed off by sponsor and function as identified within the ETQP/Hold and Review plan e.g., DIQ, BLIT and engineering package
- Ensure compliance to environmental, safety and legal specifications
- Ensure project success by adherence to cost, schedule and quality targets for project scope
- Ensure critical predictability
- Ensure process deliverables are executed and issued as per agreed schedule commitments
- Apply and understand technical processes core to Sasol’s competitiveness and advantage or in engineering conceptualization and commercialization
- Generate ideas within the portfolio and ensure technical decisions
- Solve process problems
- Identify proactive identification and resolution of ideas concerns and problems
- Interpret and translate business requirements into a process engineering strategy to enable OME to safely meet production targets
- Translate OME project team strategy into team working model
- Manage and develop people in the team
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and innovation
- Ensure personal development plans are completed, implemented and tracked within applicable career path
- Be responsible for own performance management
- Report on budget utilisation, forecasting and changes
- Provide efficient and high-quality services to stakeholders
- Maintain healthy and stable relationships with contractors and consultants
- Oversee the safety of external service providers
- Active practicing of interpersonal skills to ensure productive working relationships and to work with, or through, others internal and/or external the organisation to get work accomplished
- Display influencing, negotiating, maturity and emotional intelligence
- Operate successfully in a diverse work environment
- Participate in multi-layered interactions and networks
- Interact with licensors, ECs and SBUs regularly and has a good external and internal network
University Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (BEng/BSc Chemical)
5+ relevant years
Certification & Professional Membership
Analytics: The systematic computational analysis of data or statistics
Compliance: Understanding the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
Continuous Process Improvement: The methodology followed for increasing the effectiveness and/or efficiency of a business process, often through automation.
Problem Solving: Is a step-by-step process of defining a problem, searching for information, and testing a series of solutions until the problem is solved. In involves critical thinking, analysis and persistence.
Project Coordination: Knowledge and experience with Project Coordination is planning, organizing, and managing tasks and resources to accomplish a objective this include an administrative, liaison and support role that supports one or more projects. Usually used during smaller non capital projects.
Relationship Management: The conscious aim to develop and manage long-term and/or trusting relationships with internal or external customers, distributors, suppliers, or other parties in an environment which can include marketing, selling, servicing and other areas where a relationship is crucial to on-going success. At a senior level, it includes C-level relationships with senior management such as CEO [Chief Executive Officer], CIO [Chief Information Officer], and CFO [Chief Financial Officer].
Reporting: The ability to access information from databases, forms, and other sources, and prepare reports according to requirements.
Total Quality Management: The strategy for continuously improving the quality of process output, based on five fundamental principles of Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Measurement, Total Involvement and Systematic Support.
Also check> ADMIN ASSISTANT POSITION AT VKB PROCUREMENT