Registry Clerk post at the Department of Home Affairs
DEADLINE: 02 June 2023
POST: REGISTRY CLERK, REF NO: HRMC 28/23/15
SALARY LEVEL: A basic salary of R202 233 to R235 611 per annum (Level 5).
CENTRE: Head Office, Pretoria, Branch: Institutional Planning & Support, Sub-Directorate: Document Management.
REQUIREMENTS: • An NQF level 5, and / or DHA Qualification: Home Affairs Services as recognised by SAQA • Basic understanding of Public Service Regulations • Basic understanding of archives act and record management practices, processes and procedures • Basic understanding of Departmental legislation and prescripts • Required skills and competencies: Good communication skills • Flexibility good verbal and written communication skills • Teamwork, problem solving, planning and organising • Records management • Computer Literacy • Filling system • Customer care / Client services • Overtime may be required occasionally.
DUTIES: The successful candidate will be responsible for, amongst others, the following specific tasks:
- Provide registry counter services • Handle telephonic and other enquiries received • Receive and register hand delivered mail / files • Handle incoming and outgoing correspondences • Receive, sort, register and dispatch mail • Distribute notice on registry issues • Render an effective filing and record management services • open and close files according to record classification system • Filing / storage, tracing and retrieval of documents and files • Operate office machines in relation to the registry function • open and maintain franking machine register • undertake spot checks on post to ensure no private post are included • Lock post in post-bag for messengers to deliver to Post Office • Record all valuable articles as prescribed in the remittance register • Process documents for archiving and / disposal • Electronic scanning of files • Keep records of archived documents.
ENQUIRIES: Ms UHK Xashimba, Tel No: (012) 402 4340
Where to submit your applications
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your comprehensive CV, citing the start and end date (dd/mm/yr) of each employment period to be considered, together with an Application for Employment Form (New Z.83), obtainable from any Public Service department or at www.gov.za, by the closing date to:
Department of Home Affairs, Head Office:
Postal Address: Private Bag X114, Pretoria, 0001
Physical Address: 230 Johannes Ramokhoase (Proes) street, Cnr Thabo Sehume (Andries) street, Pretoria, 0001
Applications must be –
- sent to the correct address specified at the bottom of the Circular, on or before the closing date;
- submitted on the new Application for Employment Form (Z.83), obtainable at www.gov.za;
- accompanied by a comprehensive CV, citing the start and end date (dd/mm/yr) of each employment period to be considered, including the details of at least two contactable employment references (as recent as possible);
- shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview. Applicants who possess (a) foreign qualification(s), must also submit the evaluated results of such qualifications, as received from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA); and
- In the filling of entry level positions, preference may be given to unemployed youth / graduates, and / or who have successfully completed their respective skills development programmes, who satisfy the inherent requirements of the post and reside within close proximity to the office where the post is based.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be subjected to an interview;
- Candidates potentially considered suitable after the interview, will be subjected to employment suitability checks (credit, criminal, citizenship, employment references and qualification verifications).