SARS is hiring a Financial Accountant
DEADLINE: 11 September 2024
SARS is hiring a Financial Accountant
- Position Reports to: Manager: Finance
- Division: Enterprise Service & Support
- Location: Head Office
About the Position
SARS is looking for a self-motivated, passionate person who can work independently with multiple cross-functional teams, various internal stakeholders and systems/tools. The key deliverable of the role includes the managing and allocation of funding internally and is proficient in end-to-end processes to enable execution of cluster objectives. Attention to detail is a prerequisite including an understanding of the strategy of SARS and how it impacts the key objective results of the various clusters. She/he must be able to plan the intricate budgeting/forecasting processes and hold key players accountable for delivery of their various inputs. She/he must have a comprehensive understanding or aptitude to understand actual performance against forecast and be able to source reasons for variance considering internal and external factors. She/he will join a highly motivated and capable team and take responsibility for implementing sound practices within well-governed processes. She/he will contribute towards the higher purpose and service orientation by ensuring that SARS allocated funding enables the nine Strategic Objectives.
She/he will be required to manage all administrative functions including fixed assets (procurement, verification, declaration, disposal, and coordination of assets), EFT’s, Petty Cash, Procurement requests (Shopping Carts, Purchase Orders, Goods Receipting of Invoices) and Travel Management (Travel Plan Management, Subsistence Allowance Validation and Acquitting of the Trip) as part of providing end-to-end support to the business area within SARS.
To provide accounting support by performing, coordinating and managing accounting functions, conduct proper account reconciliations, in order to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting practices in SARS.
Education and Experience
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
Relevant BCom Finance Degree / Advanced Accounting Diploma (NQF 7) AND 5-7 years’ experience in a finance or financial accounting environment, of which 2-3 years must be at a functional specialist level.
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 10 years finance or financial accounting experience environment of which 3 – 5 years must be at a functional specialist level.
Minimum Functional Requirements
- Continuously ensure accurate communication to relevant SARS offices on discrepancies and errors in order to advise on how to ensure the accurate adjustment of said matters.
- Develop and maintain regular reports via the applicable SARS accounting system.
- Maintain accounts by identifying, verifying, and recording financial transactions.
- Monitor, verify and review outstanding information in order to pass relevant transactions where applicable according to set standards in order to ensure accuracy and prevent fraudulent activities.
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems.
- Execute specialist input through investigation &opportunities within the product process including risk concern.
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimisation