SECURITY OFFICER: SUPPLY CHAIN x4 POSTS AT THE DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONAL SERVICES
Apply for security officer: Supply Chain x4 posts at the Department of Correctional Services
DEADLINE: 31 March 2023
Salary: R253 668 per annum
SECURITY OFFICER: SUPPLY CHAIN [CB2-1] [4 POSTS]
Limpopo, Mpumalanga and North West Region:
- Barberton Management Area: Nelspruit Correctional Centre (Ref: LMN 2023/03/50)
- Rooigrond Management Area X2: Zeerust Correctional Centre (Ref: LMN 2023/03/51), Lichtenburg
- Correctional Centre (Ref: LMN 2023/03/52)
- Polokwane Management Area: Tzaneen Correctional Centre (Ref: LMN 2023/03/53)
Relevant National Diploma/Degree in Purchasing Management/Logistics/Supply Chain Management or equivalent qualification. 2-3 years relevant work experience in Supply Chain Management. Successful completion of Corrections Science Learner ship/ Basic Training. These requirements are in accordance with the relevant Occupational Specific Dispensation. Working experience on LOGIS will be an added advantage. Computer literate. Valid driver’s licence.
Competencies and attributes:
Problem solving and decision making, Facilitation skills, Plan, organize, lead and control, Project management, Presentation skill, Conflict management, Training skills, Communication skills, Time management, Confidentiality, Coaching and mentoring, Knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act, 1999 and Treasury Regulations. Knowledge of Tender process. Service delivery and client orientation, Integrity and honesty, Assertiveness, Influence and impact and Ability to network.
Implementation and managing procurement. LOGIS and procurement policies. Conducting of procurement and LOGIS inspections. Handling and finalization of all inspection and audit queries within procurement and LOGIS. Assist with the administration of Bids. Handling of budget. Responsible for operational training within procurement management. Ensure compliance to the Legislative frameworks and public service policies. Management of human resources, finances and assets. Management of performance information.
WHERE TO DROP YOUR APPLICATION/HOW TO APPLY
NB: Indicate the reference number and position you are applying for on your application form (Z83) and post your complete application to the address as indicated below:
Limpopo/Mpumalanga/North West Region:
- Postal Address: Head Recruitment, Department of Correctional Services, Private Bag X 99, Pretoria 0001
- Contact persons: Ms. Portia Bungqu 012 306 2032/Ms. Petunia Nomvela 012 306 2033 / Ms. Thandiwe Lekhuleni 012 306 2034/ Mr. Tshepo Ndlamini 012 306 2055/ Mr. Brent Botha at 012 306 2034/2055/ Mr. Jacob Seerane 012 306 2033/2055
- Physical Address: 196 Masada Building, Cnr. Johannes Ramokhoase (Proes) and Paul Kruger Street, Pretoria
- Before you apply: All costs associated with an application will be borne by the applicant. The Department of Correctional Services is an equal opportunity employer. The Department will take into consideration the objectives of Section 195 (1) (i) of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996 (Act 108 of 1996) and the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act 55 of 1998) in filling of these vacancies. It is our intention to promote representivity in respect of race, gender and disability through the filling of these positions. In support of this strategy, applicants need to indicate race, gender and disability status on the application form/CV. Applicants who have retired from the Public Service with a specific determination that they cannot be re-appointed or have been declared medically unfit will not be considered.
Please take note that correspondence will only be conducted with the shortlisted candidates. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application is unsuccessful. Please do not call the Department to enquire about the progress of your application.
Applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification, and criminal records verification. Appointment to some of these posts will be provisional, pending the issue of a security clearance. If you cannot get a security clearance, your appointment will be re- considered/possibly terminated. Finger prints may be taken on the day of interview.
The Department of Correctional Services reserves the right not to fill any of these advertised posts.
Applications: Applications must be submitted on a new Z83 form (Public Service Application form), obtainable from any Public Service Department, and must be completed in full. Only a comprehensive CV, identity document and /or valid driver’s licence should be attached to your application form. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies not older than six (6) months of qualifications and other related documents on or before the day of the interview. Please send a separate and complete application for each post you apply for, stating the correct reference for each position you are interested in. Faxed and e-mailed applications will not be accepted ⚫ Candidates must comply with the minimum appointment requirements ⚫ CV’s should be aligned to reflect one’s degree of compliance with the advert requirements and responsibilities. It is the sole responsibility of an applicant to ensure that their application reaches DCS before the stipulated
ALSO CHECK: Transnet is Hiring: Programme Manager, Reporting & Integrity
ALSO CHECK: Project Director (Strategic Projects) X6 Posts at Transnet South Africa
ALSO CHECK: Transnet Young Professional in Training (Heritage Assets and Preservation x3)
ALSO CHECK: General Workers/Assistants posts (X8) at Capricorn District Municipality (CDM)
ALSO CHECK: DRIVER OPERATOR (X8) (TLB AND CRANE TRUCK) LEPELLE NKUMPI (x3), BLOUBERG (x3), MOLEMOLE (x2) POSTS FOR SOUTH AFRICANS AT CAPRICORN DISTRICT MUNICIPALITY
ALSO CHECK: Umalusi is hiring: Junior ICT Infrastructure and User Support Technicians x2
ALSO CHECK: Finance and Supply Chain Management Senior Manager at Umalusi