South African Army Military Skills Development System for Young Unemployed South Africans
DEADLINE: 28 February 2023
South African Army Military Skills Development System
The South African Army, through its Military Skills Development System (MSDS) is offering young South African citizens an opportunity to serve in uniform on a two-year contact.
The Recruits will receive military training and further functional training in their first year of service. During the second year of service, depending on the duration of the functional orientation, they will be deployed where needed and given the opportunity to apply their knowledge and develop their skills.
- RSA Citizen (No Dual citizenship)
- Candidates between 18-22 years of age (you can apply with grade 12)
- Candidates between 18-26 (require 3 years Tertiary Qualification)
- Successfully completed Grade 12 (Level 4 Mathematics and Science will be advantageous)
- Admission Point Score (APS) of 17 and above, excluding Life Orientation (LO)
- Have no criminal record or pending cases
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for the appointment
- No visible tattoos (Legs, Lower Arm, Neck, and Face)
- A physical Fitness Test will be conducted during the selections
- Minimum Height Females 148cm and Males 155cm
- Minimum Weight Females 48kg, Males 52kg
Please note: Applicants will be subjected to drug testing, Psychometric and medical evaluation, verification of Criminal record, pre-screening and verification of Qualifications.
How to apply? (Please download PDF Below)