The South African National Treasury Department is looking for an economist.
DEADLINE: 26 April 2022
- Salary: R477,090.00 – R561,981.00 per annum (Excl. benefits)
- Reference No: S095/2021
Purpose of the Role
To assist with the policy partnership in the coordination of stakeholder engagement and undertake analysis of the debates amongst associating countries on regional and global issues.
- A National Diploma/ Degree in Economics/ Political Science;
- A minimum 3 years’ experience obtained within a development institution/ financial institution;
- Knowledge of policy analysis and formulation of drafting notes; and
- Knowledge of benchmarking and research.
Key Performance Areas
- Assist with the coordination and compilation of briefing materials containing summary assessments of matters for the BRICS/G20/IMF forum as well as the New Development Bank;
- Assist with the engagement of stakeholders and the coordination process amongst policy and stakeholders;
- Provide updated information on relationship management, keep track of meetings, and provide inputs into draft speaking notes as well as New Development Bank Board Documents;
Policy Analysis and Development
- Assist with the provision of recommendations on policy issues for consideration amongst stakeholders;
- Identify and analyse key policy objectives in the enhancement of policy deliberations within stakeholder forums;
- Support the centralisation of a policy platform for analysis and dissemination of data and the role role-players in the global economy.
Assistance with BRICS/ G20/ IMF Policy
- Assist with the drafting of submissions and respond to correspondence pertaining to the output of stakeholders on the development of a BRICS/G20/IMF and New Development Bank;
- Assist with the compliance requests from domestic policy makers pertaining to progress on the stakeholder processes;
- Assist in the provisioning of information relating to the outputs of meetings of Finance Ministers and Central Bank governors.
Benchmarking and Research
- Assist with benchmarking and desk top research initiatives on policy and related issues with recognised international institutions, more specifically on the BRICS/G20/IMF Policy grouping;
- Assist with the consultation of stakeholders on trends and changes pertaining to the policy environment impact the BRICS/G20/IMF partnership;
- Assist with benchmarking exercises with other countries and stay abreast with new changes / interventions to improve collaboration with stakeholders;
- Assist with research to assess opportunities for improved collaboration with stakeholders.
Also check> IPID Graduate Internship