UNISA Department of Communication Science is hiring external markers
DEADLINE: 17 November, 2023
UNISA Department of Communication Science is hiring external markers (DOWNLOAD PDF BELOW TO APPLY)
The Department of Communication Science is inviting suitable applicants for providing assessment services to be appointed as independent contractors (markers) on a yearly basis. The purpose of this positions is to appoint competent and suitable candidates to complete and execute assessment task professionally and ethically align to the Assessment Policy and Guidelines.
- Applicable and relevant equivalent to NQF level 9 (MA/MPhil/MTech/ OR NQF level 10 (e.g. Ph.D/DPhil/DTech) Specialization in Communication Science/Organisational Communication/Media Studies/Integrated Organisational Communication/Strategic Communication/Business Communication or any related disciplines.
- At least 5-years teaching experience (primary or secondary) or relevant experience in the communication science field (TVET College /University of Technology/Online distance education institutions.)
- At least 3-years subject methodology teaching experience or 5-years relevant experience in the communication science field (TVET College /University of Technology/ Online distance education institutions.)
- Complete and execute assessment task professionally.
- Comply and adhere to all Unisa tuition, assessment and examination and plagiarism policies and guidelines.
- Act in the ethical and professional manner dealing with all assessment tasks.
- Execute duties as stipulated in contract and task agreement.
- Marking of assessment tasks fairly and consistently.
- Meet deadlines of allocated assessment task.
- Attend markers meeting and submit marking reports timeously.
- Maintain confidentiality of all assessment tasks.