Aerospace Engineering Interns: CSIR Youth Employment Service (YES Programme)
DEADLINE: 20 December 2022
- Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
- Date posted: 02 December 2022
- Closing date: 20 December 2022
- Salary: R 6,737.00 per month – Base pay on fixed amount only
- Job type: Fixed-term
REFERENCE NUMBER: 721690
This is a 12-month fixed term employment opportunity, funded via the YES programme for unemployed South African youth to gain practical work experience. Successful candidate will work Monday to Friday at a fast-paced leading scientific and technology research organisation in Pretoria.
The successful Aerospace Engineering Interns will have the opportunity to put his/her academic qualifications into action in a workplace setting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist to design, manufacture, and testing of aircraft and aerospace products.
- Able to review, develop and improve production methods, facilities and safety regulations.
- Able to coordinate activities with production, research, testing and other departments to optimize safety and efficiency
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy the programme’s basic eligibility criteria to qualify:
- South African Citizen, first-time participant in the YES programme.
- Currently unemployed.
- Must have Matric and B Eng (Electronic, Aeronautical with software background or interest).
- Proficiency with computers.
- Excellent research, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong understanding of materials, mathematics, science, thermodynamics.
– YES programme participants also work through 40 digital learning modules on Work-Readiness. Please note that this is not a learnership/qualification, it is a work experience programme.
How to apply
Please note that the adverts for the 2023 CSIR YES Programme job opportunities are now posted on https://sayouth.mobi/. Applicants must first Register on https://sayouth.mobi/Home/Index/EN to be able to apply for the posts.