Apply for x30 General Worker posts at the South African Police Service.
DEADLINE: 25 November 2022
POST: GENERAL WORKER AT SAPS
SALARY: R104 073 per annum (Level 02)
- Kwa Thema Ref No: GP 1/11/22
- Tembisa Ref No: GP 2/11/22
- Tembisa South Ref No: GP 3/11/22
- Bedfordview Ref No: GP 4/11/22
- Nigel Ref No: GP 5/11/22
- Sophia Town Ref No: GP 6/11/22 (X2 Posts)
- JHB Central Ref No: GP 7/11/22 (X2 Posts)
- Sandton Ref No: GP 8/11/22
- Moroka Ref No: GP 9/11/22
- Moffatview Ref No: GP 10/11/22
- Eldorado Park Ref No: GP 11/11/22
- Bramley Ref No: GP 12/11/22
- Midrand 10111 Ref No: GP 13/11/22 (X2 Posts)
- Crime Detection (Diepkloof): GP 14/11/22
- Roodepoort ICTU Ref No: GP 15/11/22
- Vanderbijlpark Ref No: GP 16/11/22
- Sebokeng Ref No: GP 17/11/22
- Vereeniging VCIU Ref No: GP 18/11/22
- Vereeniging HRDC Ref No: GP 19/11/22
- Ekangala Ref No: GP 20/11/22
- Boschkop: GP 21/11/22
- Dube Ref No: GP 22/11/22
- Rietgat Ref No: GP 23/11/22
- Erasmia Ref No: GP 24/11/22
- Hekpoort Ref No: GP 25/11/22
- Muldersdrift Ref No: GP 26/11/22
- Tarlton Ref No: GP 27/11/22
Applicants must display competency in the post-specific core functions of the post; Be fluent in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English; Be a South African Citizen; Must have no previous criminal / departmental convictions or criminal / departmental cases pending; Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification; A Grade 10 qualification will serve as an advantage; Basic literacy, numeracy and communication skills; Be able to read and write; The ability to operate elementary machines and equipment; Willing to work extended hours, when necessary.
Maintaining of a high level of hygiene in and around the workplace with the cleaning of the SAPS premises assigned to, which may include either or both inner and outer parameters; Performing tasks of a routine nature, such as dusting; Polish furniture and floors. Vacuum carpets and mopping of tile floor; Remove refuse; Perform maintenance tasks in and around the assigned premises; Clean bathrooms and kitchens; Safekeeping and handling of a variety of Aids in the cleaning of the premise; Loading and unloading of goods. Garden maintenance services; Washing and cleaning of state vehicles, kitchenware and utensils.
ENQUIRIES: Lieutenant Colonel Henning Tel No: (011) 274-7913 / 7424 / 7423
HOW TO APPLY/WHERE TO DROP YOUR APPLICATION
APPLICATIONS: Applications may be hand-delivered, as follows:
- GP1/11/22 to GP5/11/22 and GP28/11/22 to GP 29/11/22 2 (Ampere Road, Chloorkop, Kempton Park)
- GP6/11/22 to GP15/11/22 and GP 30/11/22 TO GP34/11/22 1 Ndaba Drive, Protea North;
- GP16/11/22 to GP 19/11/22 28 Quinlin Building, Merrymen Avenue (Opposite Absa Building)
- GP20/11/22 to GP24/11/22 and GP35/11/22 to GP36/11/22 (Pretoria Moot Saps, 586 17th Avenue, Pretoria Moot)
- GP25/11/22 to GP27/11/22 (Krugersdorp Saps, 118 Commissioner Street Krugersdorp)
Only the official application form (available on the SAPS website www.saps.gov.za/careers and at SAPS Stations will be accepted. The Z83 previously utilized will no longer be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application. The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form. A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form.
Short-listed applicants will be required to produce original documentation. Qualifications and driver’s licences submitted will be subjected to verification checking with the relevant institutions. The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks. The South African Police Service will verify the residential address of applicants and conduct reference checks. Appointments will be made in terms of the Public Service Act, 1994 (ACT NO 103 OF 1994) as applicable to the post environment. Applications must be mailed/submitted timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered. If a candidate is short-listed, they will be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview as well as a practical assessment.
Short-listed candidates for appointment to certain identified posts, will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). A candidate, whose particulars appear in either the National Register for Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, will be disqualified from the process. The Criminal Law (Forensic Procedures) Amendment Act, Act 37 of 2013 requires that all new appointments in the South African Police Service as of 31 January 2015 provide a buccal (inside cheek) sample in order to determine their forensic DNA profile. The forensic DNA profile derived from the sample will be loaded into the Elimination Index of the National Forensic DNA Database. All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening and reference checking. Persons who retired from Public Service by taking a severance package, early retirement or for medical reasons are excluded.
Correspondence will be conducted with successful candidates only. If you have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after the advertisement thereof. The South African Police Service is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and it is the intention to promote representativity in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. Persons whose transfer/appointment will promote representativity will therefore receive preference. External advertisement of posts for appointment purposes in terms of The Public Service Act, 1994 (Act No 103 Of 1994): 2022/2023 Financial Year.
Here is the Z83 form : Z83.pdf